I got the inspiration for this card from one of Jennifer McGuire’s videos, and you should all go and watch it on her channel https://www.youtube.com/user/jennifermcguireink. It’s the Window Pop Up Cards video.
Though her technique did inspire this card, I changed it up a little by making the pop-up a surprise that you don’t see until you open the card.
Using the Simon’s stamp set from the August card kit, I first stamped out the image on the front of the card base (A2 side folding portrait) and then the rest of the images on some Neenah solar white 80lb. I stamped the fence twice and the flowers once each.
Then I used a scrap of Simon’s 120lb cardstock, I had laying around on my desk, to make the pop-up feature. Again, if you want the full instructions on how to do this, you should watch Jennifers video. She explains it so much better than I ever could. The one thing I would change, if I did this card again, would be that I would use a lighter weight cardstock for the pop-up so that the finished card sits flatter.
I coloured in all the images with my copic markers cut some Lawn Fawn watercolor wishes paper to create an outdoor scene and die cut some clouds. I also covered the pop-up piece with watercolor wished paper so that it blended into the scene. Being very careful I cut out the center of the image to create a window in my card. I stuck the 2 fence images together and adhered them to the card, partially obscuring the window in the card. Adhered the flowers, clouds and pop-up piece within the card so they couldn’t be seen when the card was closed.
I stamped my sentiment last and was lucky that the bulk of the pop-up didn’t effect my stamping. I should have stamped it before finishing the pop-up. Stamp positioning tools are great. I’m so glad I have one. The card was embellished on the front with some lilac Nuvo drops to finish it off.
Main Supplies Used:
- Neenah Solar White 110lb – https://tinyurl.com/yaeqvbx7
- Neenah Solar White 80lb – https://tinyurl.com/y7ayg8ts
- SSS 120lb White – https://tinyurl.com/yaunp45a
- SSS Mandy’s Flowers Stamp Set – https://tinyurl.com/y8u9sec6
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink – https://tinyurl.com/yaldgvtr
- Versafine Onyx Black ink – https://tinyurl.com/y7s5jww4
- Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes Petite Paper Pad – https://tinyurl.com/y96b6388
- Nuvo Drops Sweet Lilac – https://tinyurl.com/y7maj467
- Copic Sketch Marker YR20 – https://tinyurl.com/ya539dhz
- Copic Sketch Marker YR23 – https://tinyurl.com/ydx47zgh
- Copic Sketch Marker YR27 – https://tinyurl.com/y6vrla84
- Copic Sketch Marker G40 – https://tinyurl.com/y8ulga8e
- Copic Sketch Marker G43 – https://tinyurl.com/yc3kocv5
- Copic Sketch Marker G46 – https://tinyurl.com/y7mqz64o
- Copic Sketch Marker Y13 – https://tinyurl.com/ycozxd53
- Copic Sketch Marker Y15 – https://tinyurl.com/y95lotwj
- Copic Sketch Marker Y17 – https://tinyurl.com/y962xj6y
- Copic Sketch Marker B04 – https://tinyurl.com/ydfnnj68
- Copic Sketch Marker E11 – https://tinyurl.com/y9juj9e7
- Copic Sketch Marker E13 – https://tinyurl.com/y776rqs6
- Copic Sketch Marker E15 – https://tinyurl.com/yaoo5mmw
- Copic Sketch Marker RV000 – https://tinyurl.com/y8lxdf99
- Copic Sketch Marker RV52 – https://tinyurl.com/y9cdr5wh
- Copic Sketch Marker RV55 – https://tinyurl.com/ybclc8vk
- Copic Sketch Marker C00 – https://tinyurl.com/yc7gfwdk
- Copic Sketch Marker C1 – https://tinyurl.com/y74bapce
- Copic Sketch Marker C3 – https://tinyurl.com/y8vyw95l
- Copic Sketch Marker C5 – https://tinyurl.com/yad46ucx
- Copic Sketch Marker 0 Colorless Blender – https://tinyurl.com/yd3e6pex
Where to find me: